Iglesia Hispana de Brandon is a growing Hispanic, non-denominational church in Valrico; FL. IHB was planted 6 years ago and has grown now to over 250 adults in attendance on Sundays. In the next 5 years we want to reach 1665 in attendance, 3% of the unchurched Hispanics 11 miles around our church location. Excellence in worship will play a key roll in reaching this goal, so we are striving to find someone who can take our church to the next level.
This is a part-time position with the potential to become full-time within a year. The position reports directly to lead pastor Alain Lopez and the elders. Candidates will average 20 office hours a week plus Sunday services.
The person applying for this position should have the experience and ability to do the following:
- Must become member of our church. We have solid biblical teaching, are family oriented and committed to evangelism and discipleship.
- This person must have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus.
- Must be a spiritual leader. Must care spiritually for the worship team members.
- Must lead our worship team’s “Family Group”, a weekly encounter (usually before rehearsals) that seeks fellowship and relationship building, spiritual leadership formation, accountability and discipleship within the team (spiritual care/growth).
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead the worship team and the church into genuine worship during Sunday services.
- Must support the church vision and follow instructions from the lead pastor.
- Must be able to lead worship (on guitar or keyboard) and sing in English and Spanish.
- Ability to make harmony, find keys and notes, etc.
- Responsible for producing and archiving the recordings of backup voices (2nd and 3rd voice) for each song while in rehearsals, so that backup singers have a guide and can practice songs next time in their personal time.
- Must be familiar with the style of songs we play: Ingrid Rosario, Christine D'Clario, Miel San Marcos, Israel Houghton, Chris Tomlin, Hillsong / Hillsong United, Jesus Culture (Bethel Church), Marcela Gándara, Bethel Music, Lilly Goodman, WorshipHouse Media, Jesús Adrián Romero, Jaime Murrell, René González, MercyMe, Danilo Montero, Marcos Witt, Casting Crowns, Marco Barrientos, En Espíritu y En Verdad, Jesus Culture, Elevation Worship, Danny Berrios, etc.
- Must have experience with leading other musicians.
- Must be familiar with in-ears (Behringer P16M Personal Mixing System)
- Must have experience developing new musicians and volunteers.
- Must be able to set up and edit backing tracks in Loop Community.
- Responsible for the administration of the worship schedule. (Two weeks in advance)
- Must have good work ethic, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must keep an open line of communication with church staff, musicians, singers and new candidates.
- Responsible for running auditions and following up with prospects to the worship team.
- Must be able to plan and execute services from start to finish (based on the Pastor's vision for the series or service), including music, set design, special pieces, media elements (video / graphics), etc.
- Familiarity with Elvanto (like Planning Center) & Pro Presenter is a plus.
Other Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Staff Meeting (Once a month).
- Play/lead for church special events, as needed.
- A positive attitude.
- A good sense of humor and a thick skin.
- A team player & a team builder.
- A passion for worship and the arts.
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched.
What IHB provides:
- Competitive Salary.
- Vacation and comp time.
- A great community to be a part of and raise a family in.
Resume with Cover Letter answering these few questions:
- Why should we hire you?
- What excites you about joining the IHB team?
- What makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
- Links to videos of you leading worship (If any)
- Links to social media (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc)
- Any audio tracks (live or in the studio) are a bonus.