IHB Next Generation Pastor Job Description
The primary responsibilities of the Next Generation Pastor will be to provide leadership and oversight for the kids and youth ministries at Iglesia Hispana de Brandon. The Next Generation Pastor will passionately model effective hands-on ministry to kids, youth, and their families as well as raising up a team of volunteer leaders to effectively lead and staff IHB’s kids and youth ministries. The Next Generation Pastor will work to partner with parents and families in passing the faith to the next generation. The Next Generation Pastor will report directly to the Lead Pastor and will also work closely with other IHB pastoral and administrative staff.
- Passion for God
- Love for people
- A servant’s heart
- Authenticity and sincerity
- Clear communication
- A willingness to learn and grow
- A team mindset
- A desire to pursue excellence and continued improvement
- An authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing practice of spiritual disciplines including Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, and commitment to involvement in Christian community.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish).
- Consistent connection with and active involvement in local church ministry. Must become a member of our church.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Effective in verbal and written communication.
- Someone who models/desires healthy biblical relationships.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and maintain a strong rapport with kids, students, parents, and volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in cooperation with church leadership to coordinate all next generation ministry and programming in line with IHB’s mission, process, and values.
- Develop a shared vision, philosophy, and strategy for kids and youth ministries to ensure strategic discipleship for kids and youth of all ages.
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion for the areas of kids and youth ministry at IHB.
- Manage and/or provide oversight for the administrative needs of kids and youth ministries.
- Oversee and execute with excellence the Next Generations Ministries of IHB, including children’s Sunday school, kid’s church, youth services and youth small groups.
- Recruit, develop, equip, and supervise volunteers to serve in both youth and kids ministries.
- Communicate and connect with parents of both kids and youth to engage them in helping their kids and youth find and follow Jesus.
- Develop and implement age-appropriate discipleship strategies to help kids and youth find and follow Jesus.
- Look for opportunities to lead outreach to our community through kids and youth ministries.
- Plan and/or participate in regular kids and youth ministry events including connection events, camps, youth conference and other similar events.
- Find, evaluate, develop, and/or create curriculum and teaching for kids and youth ministries.
- Regularly communicate with Lead Pastor and other pastoral and administrative staff and church leadership to help promote a high functioning team.
- Provide overall leadership and pastoral care for kids, youth, parents, and volunteer leaders.
- Develop and manage the kids and youth ministry budgets for IHB.
- Provide ministerial and administrative support to other ministries of IHB as needed.
- Support the ongoing ministry of IHB through continued personal growth and development, responsible stewardship, enthusiastic leadership, and love for the people of IHB, our community and the surrounding area.
- We strive to have a culture of improvement. With this in mind, the Next Generation Pastor should develop a vision for the growth of all next generation ministries and those involved in them that is in line with the mission, vision, and values for the church as a whole.
ELEMENTS TO DEVELOP IN THE FUTURE
- Develop connections with local schools and community organizations to increase community service, outreach, and involvement.
- Oversee mission trips and activities in next generation ministries.
- Develop student leadership programs for kids and youth to begin working and serving as leaders in next generation ministries.